Acting classes help children become confident, compassionate, and respectful individuals, fearless speakers, and effective communicators. Focusing on acting and production for screen allows your child to immediately use everything learned and apply it to any platform they enjoy, may that be TV, film, or even YouTube or Twitch.
• Our program helps children find a way to express themselves in a manner that they can be proud of what they produce.
• With every new acting technique our kids learn they get to practice these skills by being filmed:
- making a tutorial for something they'd like to share
- host their own version of a game show
- present the News or commentate on sports
- create a Podcasting on a topic they are interested in
- cover events in the community, such as Red Carpet or anything else the kids are interested in
- interview someone they admire
• Your young actor can decide how to use the content they produce. We invite all children to show their content and participate in the production of the Pasadena Kids Forum.
• The program is run by movie and TV veteran Paula Jai Parker. Paula is a experienced educator with a unique gift to tune into each child's individual strengths and blocks, has directed the Sierra Madre Elementary and Middle School Talent Show, and is closely connected to the Hollywood industry. Learn more about Paula here.
Each semester includes
• 2 hours of dynamic and fun classes each week with acting exercises, on-air experience, and one-on-one personal feedback.
• Frequent field trips to nearby locations
• 1 professional, agent-ready headshot
• In-class taping of segments your child wants to present on screen
• Collecting footage for creating your child's professional reel
• Bonus instruction and opportunity to be cast for the new TV show Pasadena Kids Forum
• Watch your child on TV and share the show with friends and relative all over the world via live streaming the TV station or via YouTube. Click here to watch and subscribe to the show's YouTube channel.
• Access to a private facebook group to watch class activities live, see class photos, and ask acting or auditioning questions.